For once, its been a quieter week here in Budapest. Most of my friends are either gone home or they’re planning to leave now and the weekends are suddenly going to become a lot less busy. There has been no chasing Bruce Willis around the city and I can only say thank god to that, the man is pretty boring, no scandal at all! I’ve gotten a good bit more responsibility in work and I worked on a spread for National Geographic Traveller during the week which was really cool. I suppose, even though I was so looking forward to summer here, when everyone is going home, there is no-one to enjoy it with and at this stage, I’m looking forward to Ellen arriving in a few weeks so we can get out of here and on the road through Europe. I’m looking forward to having someone to chat to all the time, and Ellen is the best person to do that with! We’ve been best mates for 5 years and never been stuck for words so I can only imagine with all the sights we’ll see, there will be much banter on the way. I’ll stop whining now, it’s just been one of those times where I really miss home and my friends, but in a way I’m sad this adventure is nearly over, its been really life-changing!
On an unrelated note, but the reason why you’re all here: Scrumptious Sunday Seven time again! I’ve been looking forward to writing this all weekend cos I’m between freelance jobs right now and any writing is exciting right now! So these are the things that I’ve been looking at this week, been thinking a lot about inter-railing so there is a huge influence of that this week.Oooh getting excited! Can’t wait to pack that bag and attempt to be the most fashionable backpacker in Europe!
1. Polka Dots. I think every girl has a secret love for polka dots..its the Minnie Mouse inside all of us! Maybe a little more subtle than red and white but there is something very fifties about polka dots and it was one of the best eras for fashion!
2. The Cambridge Leather Satchel Company. I WANT! I’m stuck between black and tan or red but there are so so many choices. They are a lot of money but at the same time, its such a good investment and they are SO well-made!
3. Asymmetric hems. In my last shopping trip alone I bought two pieces with asymmetric hemlines and absolutely love them, such a great addition to any wardrobe, especially in the summer months!
4. Cheryl Cole. A lot of people aren’t keen on her style but I love it! Especially the new style she is sporting recently. She’s such a modern style icon and you can see why Roberto Cavalli loves her!
5. I’ve been looking around for a new pair of wedges this year, preferably not the cork ones. Everyone seems to have these great high suede wedges and I’m looking to get a piece of the action! I’m loving Millie MacIntosh’s choices right now, she’s always got her style face on!
6. Big handbags have always been a love of mine and I have a huge amount of them and I love that they’ve come back into fashion in a big way for the summer.
7. And last but not least, some wee inspirations to get us all through the week, until it’s the weekend again!!
Have a great week, everyone!
Keep styling, Em x
Categories: Scrumptious Sunday 7