I know it’s not a Sunday but this is the first time in a while I’ve been able to sit down on my own and think about things to write about! Its been a busy but lazy week I suppose you could say. Brian moved into his new flat the day before I got back to Ireland so I’ve been cleaning like a mad woman since I got here since he’s at work and I’ve got nothing else to be doing while I’m here. We went out at the weekend, the first time I’ve been in a nightclub in a year so that was pretty awesome and since then I’ve just been pottering around, trying to get things sorted for college and my new flat as well as the rest of my busy life for the rest of August!
I’m so psyched to get back to some normality in the next few days and getting my life sorted for university in September is making me excited for the year ahead: my last year as a student! I’m feeling very nostalgic the last few days, thinking of where the last three years could have gone cos I really haven’t felt it go past! I’m 21 in less than a week so it’s not helping the case that I’m feeling old! I’ve been thinking about the future a lot and what it has in store for me and how my plans have changed so dramatically over the last couple of months. My one constant at the moment is this blog and I’m determined to keep it going and make it even more successful than its been already. So that brings me swiftly around to this weeks Scrumptious Sunday Seven and the things that I am looking at, coveting or just very subtly hinting for my birthday!
1. The Bambi jumper. When we were in Amsterdam, I spotted the cutest and most comfortable looking jumper ever in H&M. It was long (probably normal on normal sized people!), was a russet/maroon kind of colour and had a picture of Bambi at the front. We swooned over it for about 10 minutes but I didn’t have the 25 euro it cost so I had to leave it behind. I’ve looked on the H&M websites, both UK and Dutch and can’t find it on there so I’m just hoping that this jumper can be found in Belfast when I go up next week, can anyone put my mind at ease by telling me they’ve seen one!
2. UL. I can’t wait to get back to university in September and being able to go back to University of Limerick is so exciting to me! I love the people, the campus and especially the fact that it’s so beautifully laid out. I think because I haven’t been back for a year, I’m more excited than usual and this is the first year I’ll be an editor on the campus and get to meet all my writers! It was hard being away last year when I was still doing so much work for the uni so I’m psyched to get back!
3. My article in the new issue of Linger Magazine. I was really excited with this issue and my article also includes photos of my outfit on me…my modelling career has therefore begun 😛 I love writing for Linger magazine and I’ve included a screenshot of my article and photos so I hope you enjoy it too!
4. My new-found obsession with Rita Ora. Her style is completely different to mine and I would never wear most of the stuff that she does but she pulls her style off with such ease and confidence, I really admire her. Plus the girl can really sing and she rocks that red lipstick like nobody’s business!
5. I’ve been enjoying cooking so much since I’ve been back home, there is nothing like a month of eating out to make you appreciate a home-cooked meal! I’ve been experimenting a bit with things and have found the greatest lunch of all time! I first had this on the train from Budapest to Vienna and was dying to try it ever since and I’ve been eating it every day this week: ciabatta with cheese (supposed to be Emmental but I’ve been using Cheddar) rocket and fresh tomato.
6. This year’s Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model has been a mixed bag over the last few weeks. I’m a complete addict but this has been disappointing me so far. The last 2 episodes have been above par and as usual, I have my favourites to win. As well as everyone else, I’m vying for Roxy to win, or at least to be in the final. Her hair did look horrendous at the makeover but she is working that orange hair now. My other favourite is Lisa, the Irish girl who got all her locks chopped off into a pixie cut and she is all the better for it, STUNNING!
7. And as usual some fun fashion photography. I’m by the sea this week so you may see some nautical photos thrown in here as well as some birthday themed ones along with the normal ones!
I hope everybody has a great week, its only 3 days until the weekend! I’ll be writing again before my birthday so people can feel free to cheer me up about being old, that would be awesome, all hugs and bottles of champagne accepted! Until then keep emailing, reading and commenting, it’s really amazing to see how much you guys like the blog and I hope to hear a lot more from you all! And keep an eye on ‘Dora and Ellen’s Inter-railing Guide’ in the coming days for some sound advice!
Keep styling, Em x